Friday, September 18, 2009

Starting work with Silverlight...

I've been amused by the toys out on the web that have been developed in Flash/Flex and Silverlight over the past few years. Even some as big as the Olympics being broadcasted over the world in part by these technologies... and now, with Microsoft finally releasing Silverlight 3 to the web a few months ago, it has enough "brass" available that someone can build a decent LOB application.

I've been pondering converting dealprocessor to be hosted for many reasons, inclusive of the support nightmares I've already had with only two companies running the software.  My hope is that by having the COR hosted on a web server "in the cloud" somewhere, I can relieve at least one headache for the businesses that will start to purchase the software.  Only time will tell... and it's going to be one hell of a Ride... I can't wait to be able to start posting preview links for the app!

No comments: